Monday, 14 April 2014

Shereni & Shentel

In my opinion one of the best aspects of travelling is the opportunity to experience new cultures, and for me fashion forms a large part of that culture. Discovering new local brands & designers is therefore a very exciting hunt for me. My very favourite purchase from Malaysia was this beautiful crown headband from a brand called Shereni & Shentel. I’d never even heard of them before, but walking by their boutique I was forced (by a higher power, completely lost the control of my legs) to stop and have a closer look at their designs. I would have wanted to buy everything but in the end ended up "only" with this gorgeous yellow Teardrop Tiara, since it was the thing that first caught my eye. As far as my shopper's personality goes, I’m one of those people who might not be able to explain exactly what they are searching for or might not even know at all, but I instantly know if I like something on a first glance...and then I develop a serious obsession towards it. That’s why window shopping in London can be such a dangerous pass-time.

Like I said, I’d never heard of Shereni & Shentel before Malaysia but their lovely staff explained a little about the brand to me; how each headband is handmade with great attention to detail, and how for example Eva Longoria is a big fan. The brand was founded in 2009 by best friends Sereni Linggi and Shentel Lee, and in just a few years they've turned the brand to a success. I had a brief moment of crazy for hoarding headbands way back when Blair Waldorf first appeared on Gossip Girl and made headbands a serious fashion thing, and thought to myself these headbands would definitely be something Blair Waldorf would want to wear, and it turned out Shereni & Shentel headbands have in fact been featured on the series, and they've even created a namesake headband inspired by the it-girl! I've got nothing but pure love for this design duo, I'm completely in love with my headband - such an eye-catching piece that adds that little extra something to any outfit.

 photo signature_zpsd9c1c65c.png

No comments:

Post a Comment